Still rocking your Sled Island 2023 wristband? Some of our community partners are offering deals up until July 4! See all participating businesses at the list below.
Sweet Relief Pastries (120 13 Ave SW)
10% off storefront purchases *conditions apply*
Bakeshop known for elegant cakes, cookies, macarons & pastries from scratch with local ingredients.
**Applicable for any of our ready-to-go items (does not include custom orders)**
Madison’s 12|12 (1212 9 Ave SE)
10% off *conditions apply*
A community focused and community funded restaurant located in the heart of Inglewood. A beautiful space for people to gather, create, enjoy, share and become inspired.
**Not applicable to any discounted items, happy hour or daily specials**
Boogie’s Burgers (908 Edmonton Trail NE / 2129 33 Ave SW)
A cheery spot with kitschy decor, Boogies is one of the best burger joints in town. Their Angry Aztec milkshake and hamburger-hotdog hybrid burger, Jebb’s Doggie Burger, are where it’s at.
Magpie (#107 - 535 8 Ave SE)
Introducing a new vegan cocktail bar located in the vibrant East Village. This bar boasts a menu of expertly crafted plant-based cocktails, created by their experienced mixologists. Whether you're in the mood for a classic cocktail with a vegan twist or an innovative creation that pushes the boundaries of mixology, this bar has something for everyone.
- Unfortunately, due to licensing issues Modern Love is no longer an all-ages venue for Sled Island 2023. Both the main floor and the patio are currently 18+ only.
Wednesday, June 21
Temp-Illusion X Amir B. Ash is unable to make it to Sled Island. Their previously scheduled performance will be replaced by:
- mHz - 11pm @ Modern Love (Main Floor)
Bench Party is unable to make it to Sled Island. Their previously scheduled performance will be replaced by:
- Soggy Moccasins - 9:30pm @ Ship & Anchor
NADUH is unable to make it to Sled Island. Their previously scheduled performance will be replaced by:
- 86LOVE - 9:30pm @ Commonwealth
Wednesday, June 21
Thursday, June 22
- Co-op @ 11am
- Grimelda @ 1pm
- Sunforger @ 2:30pm
- Neighbourly @ 5pm
- The Wesleys @ 6pm
- Paisley Fields @ 7:30pm
Friday, June 23
- Maassai @ 9am
- Faith Healer (solo) @ 11am
- Barbara @ 1pm
- Leather Jacuzzi @ 2pm
- Bog Bodies @ 3pm
- Laurence-Anne @ 5pm
Saturday, June 24
Thank you to everyone who came out to the annual “…But I Don’t Know Any of the Bands!” trivia night at Home & Away, and took part in our unique Google-the-answer Sled Island trivia! For anyone who missed it and wants to see what the challenge looked like, check it out! For those who participated and are dying to know the answers, see below!
Congratulations to Jessica Ross for being the big winner of the night and scoring two Discovery Passes to Sled Island 2023! It was a close one that came down to our tiebreaker.
1. We are extremely proud to welcome Bartees Strange to curate Sled Island 2023. List all of his hand-selected picks performing this year! (No part marks!)
Gulfer, Helado Negro, JWords, KAINA, Maassai, Maneka, Pom Pom Squad, Sen Morimoto
2. Besides Bartees Strange, who playing at Sled Island this year has filled the role of guest curator?
John Dwyer (Osees)
3. Which band has someone who previously was a part of the Blue Man Group?
4. SUMAC is a supergroup that is no stranger to Sled Island, having previously played in 2015. However, they have played Sled with their regular bands as well before! What other bands have the members of SUMAC played at Sled with?
Russian Circles, These Arms Are Snakes, Mamiffer, Old Man Gloom
5. What is the name of the electronic hip-hop duo that was formed by two of the guest curator selections?
HE1R (Maassai + JWords)Read More >>