Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Term: full-time (40h/week), 3-month contract
Start date: April 1, 2013
Sled Island is seeking a highly organized and dedicated individual for the position of Volunteer Coordinator.
• Work in cooperation with the festival staff to assess volunteer needs for the festival;
• Recruit and schedule volunteers to fill the festival’s volunteer requirements;
• Plan and host volunteer recruitment and orientation sessions and ensure clear communication of position expectations;
• Plan and host volunteer appreciation activities;
• Update and maintain volunteer database;
• Coordinate all communications and follow-up with festival’s volunteers;
• Create documentation
• Other duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Experience with and knowledge of volunteer recruitment & coordination for other non-profit organizations required;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
• Proven interpersonal and leadership skills;
• Strong organizational skills, with a strong ability to meet deadlines;
• Ability to work flexible hours and capacity to work under pressure;
• Reliable, hard-working and resourceful;
• Basic computer literacy (knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel)
• Experience with volunteer-run organizations an asset;
• Knowledge of the local artistic community an asset.
Submissions should include a cover letter and resume and be addressed to the attention of Sled Island’s Executive Director, Maud Salvi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Submissions must be received by end of day, March 17, 2013.
Only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.