Internship Opportunity: Visual Arts Curator
Internship dates: March 2 - July 3, 2015
Application deadline: February 6, 2015 at 4:00pm MST
This is an unpaid internship, however, students who meet SCIP criteria are eligible for a $1000 bursary.
Working closely with the Sled Island team, the Visual Arts Curator will be responsible for programming, planning and executing the Visual Arts component of the 2015 festival. With guidance and mentorship from Sled Island staff, the chosen applicant will receive valuable experience in curation and exhibition logistics, as well as insight into festival planning.
- Reviewing applications and selecting visual arts exhibitions and performances
- Liaising with venues (galleries, artist-run centres, exhibition spaces)
- Managing programming budgets
- Working with Sled Island's Technical Director to assess technical needs
- Working with Sled Island’s Volunteer Coordinator to assess volunteer needs
- Gathering information (photos, bios, artist statements) from participating artists
- Scheduling openings and performances
- Providing a post-mortem report to Sled Island’s Executive Director
- Strong knowledge of the local visual arts community
- Excellent organizational skills
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work within tight deadlines
Hours will range from 5 - 15 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to Maud Salvi, Executive Director, Sled Island at firstname.lastname@example.org.